Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Letter from Coach Whitehead

7-8 BLOUNTVILLE MINOR LEAGUE ALL STARS

Gregory, Tanner, Christopher, Kody, Austin, Hayden, Darian, Thomas , C J, Blake, Evan, Brady, Parker and Isaac

To all the Blountville Blue 7-8 All Stars:
I would like to begin these comments by saying how special each of the above listed all stars are to me. I have had the opportunity to know and become great friends with each one of these young men. They are a great group of athletes but more than that, they are tremendous kids both on and off the baseball field. I know I am not always as patient with you as I should be, but even when I may seem impatient or disappointed, I want you to know, there is no one more proud of you than me.
Congratulations on another good tournament at Bristol Western LL. Even though our bats cooled off somewhat, our defense remained solid and true all star level. Your intense play and determination is to be admired. To make the final 6 out of 20 teams is an awesome accomplishment, plus add a 2nd place finish at the Fairview LL tournament…..WOW – way to go!!!!!!!
With the excitement of both tournaments behind us to build on, I look forward to the opportunity to be in the Blountville LL tournament. I am so very proud of each one of you and thankful to be a part of your team.
Your Manager,
Keith Whitehead

No comments: